Subject: Re: [boost] [castor] Interest in Logic Paradigm for C++ ?
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-30 04:49:07

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Roshan Naik <roshan_naik_at_[hidden]> wrote:
[snip]

I'm not at all up to speed on LP, so forgive me if I've missed the point! I
can
see that Castor is a splendid and useful library, entirely in its own right,
but
I'm not clear why you feel it's an appropriate candidate for inclusion in
Boost.

On reflection it comes down to the question of what Boost is. Do domain
specific
libraries of all sorts have a home here (for which I guess examples would
include
the BGL), or is Boost more about a general programming toolkit (for example
Boost.Bind). I don't know the answer to that, not do I feel qualified to
make any
judgement.

- Rob.