Subject: Re: [boost] [castor] Interest in Logic Paradigm for C++ ?
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-30 08:24:32

> I'm not clear why you feel it's an appropriate candidate for inclusion in
> Boost.
>
> On reflection it comes down to the question of what Boost is. Do domain
> specific
> libraries of all sorts have a home here (for which I guess examples would
> include
> the BGL), or is Boost more about a general programming toolkit (for example
> Boost.Bind). I don't know the answer to that, not do I feel qualified to
> make any
> judgement.

I've actually been thinking about this question (in general, not
specifically for Castor) for a couple of months. There appear to be some
natural partitions in the kinds of Boost libraries: system abstractions,
general programming, programming paradigm, data structures & algorithms,
scientific computing, DSELs, etc. It's not always obvious that these
categories exist because Boost is so large, or which libraries fall into
which categories.

I think Castor definitely falls into the paradigm category, probably also in
DS&A too -- especially if you make unification a top-level algorithm. An
association with Boost, if not submission, would be a good thing. At least,
that's what I think :)

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]