Subject: Re: [boost] [castor] Interest in Logic Paradigm for C++ ?
From: Joris IJsselmuiden (joris_imp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-30 06:22:42

My humble opinion to the matter:
I think it is a great idea to try and make Castor part of Boost. I have been using Castor in my research for a while now, and I think that it is definitely Boost-material. A logic engine can be a powerful tool, and it is a shame that C++ doesn't have one readily available. I am confident that Castor is the best choice for adding logic support to Boost.

As far as I know, Boost is the most popular code-base that is not part of the C++ standard library yet. So, making Castor part of Boost would be a great way of increasing Castor's visibility. It would be nice to keep Castor available as a stand-alone library, so that you don't need Boost if you only want to use Castor. But I am sure that this issue can be solved: Castor could be a Boost "companion" library, or one could have a stand-alone version and a Boost version side-by-side. Although this last solution doesn't seem that great to me.

I hope I will find the time to do some testing for Castor 1.1. Keep in touch!
Joris Ijsselmuiden