Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Third release is ready, requesting preliminary review
From: DE (satan66613_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-04 03:22:31

on 03.05.2010 at 23:32
 vicente.botet wrote :

>> std::numeric_limits comes from C++ standard
>> so you must consult the standard to figure out why is
>> std::numeric_limits designed the way it is

> I don't think I have said nothing that merits this answer.
> I know perfectly how std::numeric_limits is designed. I'm just saying that if XInt defines
> std::numeric_limits<boost::xint::integer>::max() as 0,
> no generic code can make use of this.

> Please read the posts carefuly before replying.

sorry if that seemed offensive to you
but you should have consulted the standard before asking such
questions
here is a quote for you:

18.2.1.2 numeric_limits members [lib.numeric.limits.members]
    static T min() throw();
1 Minimum finite value.
2 For floating types with denormalization, returns the minimum positive normalized value.
3 Meaningful for all specializations in which is_bounded != false, or is_bounded == false
&& is_signed == false.

    static T max() throw();
4 Maximum finite value.
5 Meaningful for all specializations in which is_bounded != false.

does this answer your question regarding min()/max() specializations?

--
Pavel
P.S.