Subject: Re: [boost] [Trac] We're getting spammed!
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-11 14:31:45

On Tue, 11 May 2010, John Maddock wrote:

> The Trac ticket system seems to be getting spammed on a regular basis at the
> moment, here are *four* of my old tickets that just got hit today:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3632
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1648#comment:4
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2445#comment:2
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3425#comment:2
>
> Is there anything we can do to prevent this?

Dong Inn and I installed the filter from
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/SpamFilter (without Akismet or Captcha
support). One of the moderators should add relevant regular expressions
to https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BadContent then make it
read-only; I seeded it with the list from Trac's own BadContent page. I
added a bunch of junk comments for testing; apparently those can't be
removed until we update Trac so they'll have to stay for now.

-- Jeremiah Willcock