Subject: Re: [boost] [Trac] We're getting spammed!
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-11 14:47:17

On 5/11/2010 1:31 PM, Jeremiah Willcock wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2010, John Maddock wrote:
>
>> The Trac ticket system seems to be getting spammed on a regular basis
>> at the moment, here are *four* of my old tickets that just got hit today:
>>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3632
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1648#comment:4
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2445#comment:2
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3425#comment:2
>>
>> Is there anything we can do to prevent this?
>
> Dong Inn and I installed the filter from
> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/SpamFilter (without Akismet or Captcha
> support). One of the moderators should add relevant regular expressions
> to https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BadContent then make it
> read-only; I seeded it with the list from Trac's own BadContent page. I
> added a bunch of junk comments for testing; apparently those can't be
> removed until we update Trac so they'll have to stay for now.

Thank you for reinstalling that filter, although I don't know why it and
many other modules got removed. But from the previous setup, the only
thing that really worked to some extent was the Akismet lookup. Once
upon a time we also used to have the "Delete" module so we could go in
and manually cleanup SPAM that made it through.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything