Subject: Re: [boost] [Booster] Or boost is useless for library developers
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 11:27:29

> > Someone has to create and maintain it.
>
> I think Artyom started the conversation by identifying a
> perceived issue
> and volunteering to be involved in creating and maintaining
> a solution.
>
> Erik

To be honest, I'm quite thinking to volunteer.

But few points:

1. I would start it little bit later (I need to get my CppCMS beta
   release available and finish my Boost.Locale submission).

2. I would not be able to use Boost-Build. It is too weak to configure
   various system options correctly.

   I think that boost-stable should be configured in compilation time,
   and not with huge boost/config/*

   So probably CMake would be only option.

3. I would probably need to get some help from original library developers.

4. I would probably have to drop support of old or buggy compilers.
   i.e. use gcc>=3.4 MSVC>=8 not lower.

5. I have to be sure that my time would not be wasted for nothing and
   Boost community would reject the whole idea.

Best,

   Artyom