Subject: Re: [boost] [Booster] Or boost is useless for library developers
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 14:02:09

On 5/18/2010 10:27 AM, Artyom wrote:
> 2. I would not be able to use Boost-Build. It is too weak to configure
> various system options correctly.
>
> I think that boost-stable should be configured in compilation time,
> and not with huge boost/config/*
>
> So probably CMake would be only option.

Pre-configuration is, IMO, going backwards. If I have to rely on running
some tool to get to the code I want to use it's *much* less likely I'll
use that code. I've passed over many libraries, and I tend to use a
large variety of them, because they required pre-configuration.

Real portability means not requiring pre-configuration!

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything