Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Dates and Hotel Discount (this week only!)
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 16:54:58

At Tue, 18 May 2010 16:24:35 -0400,
Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> David,
>
> a couple of weeks (months ?) ago, you sent a curiosity provoking
> announcement about some new tool which you wanted everyone to use for
> boost (and other) development, suggesting that it would be unveiled at
> BoostCon.

Ryppl. It was.

> For the benefit of those poor fellows who couldn't make it there: Will
> there be a follow-up on this ?

You bet there will. I'm just now trying to put everything in a
condition where others can help with the work :-)

> Is there anything that will affect boost development in the
> short-to-medium term?

It's hard to say how soon Boost will make the transition, or even if
it will. I'm trying assiduously not to tie the fate of Ryppl to
Boost's use thereof. However, I predict that Boost *will* make that
transition

> I'm asking mainly because I have plans to get back to some code I have
> in the boost sandbox, and want to get an idea what tools to use, i.e.
> whether I should attempt again to get familiar with boost.build, or
> whether the new True Way is something different.

Heh. IMO BB hasn't been the True Way for quite some time. But of
course that's just IMO. I'm going to try hard to encourage the use of
CMake on Ryppl.

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing