Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Location
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-19 12:45:01

At Wed, 19 May 2010 11:11:24 -0400,
Stewart, Robert wrote:

> > And if it where half the cost, I would almost certainly attend.
> > And I suspect many others would too. And hence we might see
> > more than a doubling of attendance.
>
> That alone precludes the current site; we can't handle many more
> attending given space constraints.

That's not exactly true. If we get enough conference registrations to
be able to pay for them, there are additional facilities we can use at
the Meadows and/or next door to the Physics Center.

> Perhaps we should discuss requirements in a little more detail
> before suggesting locations.

First requirement: a group of motivated volunteers to organize a
conference in a different location. You need someone to receive your
suggestions.

> The Physics Center has been extremely valuable simply due to the
> access to various work rooms with desks/tables, chairs, and
> whiteboards or chalkboards.

Not to mention friendly, knowledgeable, and competent support staff on
site, and access to some nice facilities (grills, bikes).

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing