Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Dates and Hotel Discount (this week only!)
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-19 13:22:24

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:10 AM, joel falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>>
>> And, more important for me, if there's a BoostCon in Europe, would
>> BoostCon US effectively cease to be an international conference?  One
>> of the best things about BoostCon IMO is the strong presence of
>> attendees from all around the globe.
>>

> I'm not an expert of air travel but I think that in average, it will make
> the travel
> cheaper for some and a bit more expensive for other. I dunno for example if
> it's
> more expensive for Joel dG or other far lcoated peopel to go to europe than
> go to center US.

I'm from the Philippines too and that would introduce a VISA
acquisition issue for me. Maybe Americans would not have the same
problem though, but I for one do not have a VISA to any country in
Europe.

For me personally it was more convenient to go to the US because I
have a VISA that allows me to enter the US until 2012.

That is something that needs to be considered if BoostCon would be
moved to Europe.

> It's a non-trivial question indeed. Maybe let's run a poll to see what may
> happen  ?

I would think that the availability of volunteers to make it happen
would be the main issue. Should we poll for volunteers and concrete
proposals instead of whether people will be attending?

--
Dean Michael Berris
deanberris.com