Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Dates and Hotel Discount (this week only!)
From: joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-19 13:26:59

Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> I'm from the Philippines too and that would introduce a VISA
> acquisition issue for me. Maybe Americans would not have the same
> problem though, but I for one do not have a VISA to any country in
> Europe.
>
> For me personally it was more convenient to go to the US because I
> have a VISA that allows me to enter the US until 2012.
>
> That is something that needs to be considered if BoostCon would be
> moved to Europe.

Ah visa indeed.
> I would think that the availability of volunteers to make it happen
> would be the main issue. Should we poll for volunteers and concrete
> proposals instead of whether people will be attending?

Well, I am a volunteer, we have talk abotu that for a whiel with Dave.
As for the proposal, I was planning to get one at B'Con 10 but some
paperwork
were not recevied. The idea is more than idea as I already have multiple
place
to be considered and various overall week planning.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35