Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Dates and Hotel Discount (this week only!)
From: barend (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-19 16:59:15

Op 19-5-2010 19:45, Dean Michael Berris schreef:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:26 AM, joel falcou<joel.falcou_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>>
>>> I would think that the availability of volunteers to make it happen
>>> would be the main issue. Should we poll for volunteers and concrete
>>> proposals instead of whether people will be attending?
>>>

>> Well, I am a volunteer, we have talk abotu that for a whiel with Dave.
>> As for the proposal, I was planning to get one at B'Con 10 but some
>> paperwork
>> were not recevied. The idea is more than idea as I already have multiple
>> place
>> to be considered and various overall week planning.
>>

> Cool, well it would be good to have all the details of BoostCon in
> Europe worked out -- budget, accommodations, itinerary, and other
> things like facilities and content. Once those are worked out and
> actually in a form that can be commented on then I think we should
> poll on whether it should be done and whether people will attend.
>
> I for one would like to go see the world too and Europe is still one
> big thunk of land and water that I would like to at least go to at
> least once in my life. :)

BoostCon Paris would be cool indeed. One of the considerations of having
it also once (or once every X year) in Europe is that there are also
many European people working on Boost Libraries, they often do it in
spare time and expenses are theirs, having it in Europe makes it more
easy to come.

I also mentioned (off-list) Amsterdam, also a hub, and in that case I
could be of help.

However, we also have to take into account the continuous availability
of the convenient facilities in Aspen, which are (AFAIU) easily
organized a year before, so now for 2011, such that the conference can
be organized smoothly there, every year without the need to gather a new
group of volunteers each year.

Regards, Barend