Subject: Re: [boost] [Booster] Or boost is useless for library developers
From: Lassi Tuura (lat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-20 14:31:13

Hi,

> Let's see, let me start with these. Need out-of-line versions of repeat instantiations everywhere:

Oh BTW, these were the easy / trivial ones, i.e. non-templates. Re full symbol lists please see my other message. I could get them if you want, but it will take some time as I am about to go off on some travel.

If you want to be amused, one of the most common template ones that bite us by generating tons of stuff all over the place is __PRETTY_FUNCTION__ inside the boost::shared_ptr's assertions :-)

Alas we can't enable -DNDEBUG for all our software, there are useful assertions elsewhere.

Regards,
Lassi