Subject: Re: [boost] [Booster] Or boost is useless for library developers
From: Artyom (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-21 05:01:02

> > > - Booster.Regex is just a
> wrapper of PCRE.
> >
> > Oh heavens. So lets see... no wide character support,
>
> >IMHO wide characters should be vanished from C++ it is
> the worst way
> >to represent Unicode (and I know thing or two about
> Unicode).
> For Win 32 work though, you simply cannot escape wchar_t
> whatever you may
> think of it - this is especially true of the embedded
> windows platforms
> which are effectively wchar_t only.

[SNIP]

Some notes... Booster is library build especially for CppCMS
purposes and not generic library for Boost replacements.

I do not suggest anybody use Booster as Boost replacement.

I just use to show important point:

1. CppCMS what to provide *stable* ABI

2. CppCMS needs Boost Goodies

3. CppCMS can't use Boost, because Boost is ABI *unstable*

4. Because of these issues I was forced to create Booster.
   that is Boost like library that covers small subset of Boost tools
   with limited functionality, but it fits CppCMS project needs.

And this is bad... Bad for me and bad for Boost and bad for any
other library that thinks of making their ABI stable.

Thus I demonstrate as the title of this entire discussion:

Boost is useless for library developers

Who may be "crazy enough" to think that stable ABI is good thing.

Best Regards,
  Artyom