Subject: Re: [boost] Maintenance Patches and cleaning up trac
From: Christopher Jefferson (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-21 11:44:16

On 21 May 2010, at 16:29, Anthony Williams wrote:

> Christopher Jefferson <chris_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/3669 - add stdint.h to thread, fixes comeau, 6 months old.
>
> That's actually a bug in Boost.Integer, so I've changed the assignment.
>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4060 - boost thread support for BOOST_NO_IOSTREAM
>
> Fixed on trunk.
>
>> I notice these 3 are in 'thread', and several others are in 'filesystem'.
>
> Only one of the 3 was actually in 'thread', but point taken --- I have
> got rather behind on handling trac issues.

Apologises, I didn't want to single out any library in particular, I actually meant to take that sentence out before I sent the mail. Certainly some libraries keep more up to date than others, and some also get blamed for more things than others. With 982 open tickets, it is hard to keep track of all of trac.

Perhaps just giving those responsible a little push is all it needs, rather than starting to apply patches at will. I might go through and do a full check of all the tickets marked 'patches', to see what status they all are, and report back.