Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Dates and Hotel Discount (this week only!)
From: Stewart, Robert (Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-21 11:54:59

Robert Ramey wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>
> > One way we could make it financially easier for many more to attend
> > would be to facilitate/coordinate room sharing. Many of
> > these "rooms"
> > are actually moderate-sized apartments, with plenty of room so two
> > people can have private areas. Actually this is my wife's idea :-)
>
> I arranged to share a room
> with Vicente and it worked very well dispite quite different
> habits.
[snip list of gross personal habits!]
> Basically the "room" was really a large room with
> two queen beds and a dividing partition. It as quite practical
> for one person to be working in the "living room" (or even
> out on the private patio!) while the other slept. Also, the

They have several room configurations. In the past, I've been in smaller rooms with two beds next to one another near the bathroom only partly divided from the living room/kitchen areas. (According to the web site[1], that would be the Junior Suite.) That room is less amenable to sharing by strangers.

This year, I was surprised to get a larger room with a king size bed on the one side and the living room on the other, with the kitchenette, bathroom, and entrance hall between. (The One-bedroom Suite.) Sharing a bed would be off-putting to many, but the sleeper sofa in the living room could be used by one occupant.

You got one with two queen size beds with some sort of a divider between them. (I don't see that floor plan listed at the web site, but I guess it was the Two-bedroom Suite.) I can well imagine that to be shared easily.

Those considering sharing a room next year clearly must choose rooms with these particulars in mind, which might necessitate early reservations.

[1] <http://www.dolce-aspen-hotel.com/accommodations/accommodations.asp>

_____
Rob Stewart robert.stewart_at_[hidden]