Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: Boost.Locale
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-24 01:23:18

Artyom wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to request a formal review for Boost.Locale library.
>

> Short Description:
> ------------------
>
> Boost.Locale is powerful localization library that provides powerful
> localization tool extending existing built-in C++ localization
> facilities
> in Unicode aware way.
>

> Documentation:
> --------------
>
> - Reference:
> http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/boost_locale/html/index.html
> - Tutorial:
> http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/boost_locale/html/tutorial.html

I just skimmed over the documentation. It looks interesting
enough to spend some more time with.

One thing in particular that I was interested in is(are) codecvt
facets. I didn't any thing on this. Why is that? Is this a separate
subject or is that you believe they're not useful. I would be
curious to hear your views as to where the fit in. (or don't fit in).

Robert Ramey