Subject: [boost] Maintaining boost.org
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-24 01:09:47

Good day everyone!

If you were at the BoostCon 2010 panel session, I suggested that
maintaining boost.org can be a less painful process and that I was
willing to help out in transitioning the current site from the way it
is currently set up to maybe use Wordpress to host the site. There are
other options that I would like to explore only after looking at many
different tools and the current process of maintaining it.

I tried sending mail to the Boost-docs list but I haven't gotten any
mailing list. There are a couple of questions I would like to ask and
would really appreciated getting an answer about:

1. Is there currently a boost.org web team? If so, who are in the team?

2. What is the current process of building the boost.org site? What is
the toolchain used and how are changes managed?

Before I go into the detail of a proposal of making boost.org a little
more "interactive" and "inclusive" I would first like to know the
state of the system and whether there are any low hanging fruit that
can be taken care of before I even suggest changing it.

FWIW, I volunteer to help manage boost.org to make it more inviting to
the community and more dynamic than it currently is. Although the
boost.org website does host the web-based library documentation, I
would like to be able to see more information on it about the
community, the process, and news on what's going on.

Pending a "full" proposal I would definitely appreciate thoughts about
the matter too.

--
Dean Michael Berris
deanberris.com