Subject: Re: [boost] [MSM] compiling MSM with GCC 4.4.1 and -fno-exception
From: Richard Szabo (sz.richard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-27 06:15:13

>> Hi Christophe
>>
>> Thanks for the fix of no-rtti I will try out shortly.
>>
>> I have discovered a similar issue with exceptions.
>> GCC 4.4.1 reports errors when it parses MSM that exceptions are
>> disabled but there is code using that.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Richie
>
>Hi Richard,
>
>I tried it out and it works. The default event dispatching occurs
>inside a try/catch but you can deactivate it by adding a typedef to
>the fsm declaration:
>typedef int no_exception_thrown;
>(see in MsmSimple.cpp)
>Now it should compile properly with -fno-exceptions (and dispatch
>events slightly faster).

>HTH,
>Christophe

Hi Christophe

Yes it works with typedef int no_exception_thrown;
I was using typedef int no_exception; which is used in euml examples
than I have look at the code and I figured out that it is actually
no_exception_thrown instead of no_exception.

So now I can compile with -fno-rtti and -fno-exception thank you very
much for the support !!!!!.

I have a question related to the fix for no-rtti the define
BOOST_NO_RTTI removes function definition : HandledEnum
process_any_event( ::boost::any const& evt);
which is called in flavor_compile_time in case of composite state.

In case if I'm using favor_runtime_speed which is the default I
believe than I can still use composite states with no-rtti ?.

Br.
Richie