Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Fourth release, requesting preliminary review again
From: Marius Stoica (letto2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-02 12:02:16

On Tuesday 01 June 2010 16:44:45 Chad Nelson wrote:
> The next, and hopefully final, iteration of the Extended Integer library
> (a arbitrary-length integer math library) is now available in the

Great job!

Some comments

The documentation got a bit harder to read since it redundantly repeats the
template arguments. Can something be done about that?

Related to that maby you can consider using boost parameter for the template
parameters?

I think you should make clear in the documentation what threadsafe means. If
it still only means that you can't use copies of xints across threads then
some could still want to use them in multithreaded code.

From an user's point of view making nothrow just a template argument would
make sense .

I consider using size_t for size in bits a little confusing/annoying. Maby you
should typedef size_t bits_t; ?

Also i'm interested wath do you think about the performamce when using small
numbers. I've seen claims that gmp is "only 5% slower " than using plain ints
in such cases. I'm thinking that such situations would be quite common in a
lot of applications. data_t seems quite a bloated class to me .