Subject: [boost] [filesystem] Version 3 of Boost.Filesystem added to trunk
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-02 11:07:34

Because version 3 will break some user code, both v2 and v3 will be
shipped for several releases. For 1.44, the default is v2 and the
user has to explicitly switch to v3.

I'd really appreciate it if some Boosters could give v3 a try on your
own code that uses Boost.Filesystem.

If you already have trunk on your machine, just run "svn up" on it.
Otherwise, checkout a copy:

    mkdir boost-trunk
    svn co http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk boost-trunk

If you prefer, "svn export http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk
boost-trunk" should also work.

Then read boost-trunk/libs/filesystem/dual_versions.html, and follow
the instructions there. Then please let me know your results:

* Are the instructions for changing to version 3 sufficient? They are
pretty minimal, but I'm assuming those doing this have a high level of
background knowledge.

* Did you have any problem changing to version 3?

* Did you have problems compiling your code against version 3?

* If there were compile errors, do you have any ideas about how to
mitigate the problem?

* Did you have any problems testing or running your code with version 3?

* Any other comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

--Beman