Subject: Re: [boost] [polygon] tutorial done and library ready for release
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-02 11:59:36

Daniel James wrote:
> On 24 May 2010 21:54, Simonson, Lucanus J
> <lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> *  root/index.html includes the library in its list of new libraries.
>> *  root/libs/libraries.htm entry is OK, both in the alphabetic list
>> and in the category lists.
>> *  root/libs/maintainers.txt entry is OK.
>
> You can do these (once you've got commit access). Although Beman or I
> usually deal with the root file.

I did the libraries.htm and maintainers.txt. I left the root/index.html alone for now.

>> *  website/public_html/beta/feed/history/ entry is OK.
>> *  The library has been added to the website documentation list
>
> I normally do these based on your libraries.htm entry. Although if
> you're interested the relevant files are at:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/beta/doc/libraries.xml
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/beta/feed/history/boost_1_44_0.qbk

I would prefer you do it.

>> *  The library's root/libs/xxx directory contains an index.html file
>> with either the main docs or a redirection to the main docs.
>>
>> I tried to commit to trunk but got a 403 Forbidden error.  Can
>> someone please grant me write access to trunk?
>
> If you don't get a response, I think you need to ask the moderators
> (boost-owner_at_[hidden]).

I have the library fully checked in now including the index.html in root/libs/polygon

>> *  Component has been added to Trac. See
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/admin/ticket/components
>>
>> How do I get a login to trac so that I can add the component?
>
> You log in to trac using your subversion details. But you need to ask
> someone to add the component. Starting a new thread with '[trac]' in
> the subject usually seems to work.

I still don't have a coponent in trac as far as I know. I am able to log into trac now.

>> *  Trunk inspection report is clean.
>> *  Trunk regression tests are reasonably clean or marked up.
>>
>> Where do these reports get posted so that I know how to check them?
>> I have run the inspect tool on my code today and cleaned up the
>> errors that crept in since last time.
>
> http://www.boost.org/development/testing.html

So far my library is showing up in the inspect report but not the regression testing report. What triggers the regression testing to pick up a new library?

Thanks,
Luke