Subject: Re: [boost] Trunk tests broken
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-02 15:47:07

Hi Robert,

On Jun 2, 2010, at 1:45 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:
>> Since it's quite easy to reproduce the trunk failure, I think it
>> would
>> help Boost if developers would, when they recognize a problem, either
>> revert the offending commit or ping the library author(s) to let them
>> know about the breakage.
>
> How can one recognize such a problem?

Go to the trunk report page.

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html

Notice the report time.

        Report Time: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:41:38 +0000

Notice how all the various testers time/date stamp and toolset name is
gray (grayed out), not black like the revision number. If this is
unclear go to the release page and look at the color of the text (some
of the release testers are current (Sandia-darwin-4.0.1) and have
black text while other testers have lapsed (testers have not posted
results within last 24 hours), their text is grayed out. Back to
trunk results, when every single tester is gray and the report time is
updating every one to two hours, this most likely means a commit has
broken regression testers and is how you can tell that testing is
broken.

>> Unfortunately I am unable to keep on top of
>> when trunk testing is broken (i.e. it could be several days before I
>> notice it) so if other developers could help diagnose breakage and
>> report it, that would be very helpful.
>>
>> [ Robert, can you please address this issue? ]
>
> OK - I just uploaded the missing file.

Great, thanks!

-- Noel