Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Fourth release, requesting preliminary review again
From: Christopher Jefferson (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-06 04:14:16

On 6 Jun 2010, at 05:19, Chad Nelson wrote:

> That was the idea -- to implement nothrow_integer without using any
> exceptions at all.

Mant libraries, including libstdc++ (the standard library in g++) implement support for -fno-exceptions by just calling abort() instead of throw. I would advise just doing that, as from my experience anything else turns into an unreadable mess very quickly. It is also reasonable to make the function called user-defined and allow longjmping out, under the condition memory will leak, so users should aim to clean up and exit, not get exceptions repeatedly.

Chris