Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] or [spirit] JSON Archives
From: Fernando Pelliccioni (fpelliccioni_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-15 10:12:58

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 4:41 AM, Stephan Menzel <stephan.menzel_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Juraj Ivančić <juraj.ivancic_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> >> I would like to develop a JSON parser which in turn is a compatible
> Boost
> >> Serialization serializer . Any ideas?
> >
> > Have you seen Boost Property Tree library? I have not tried it, but it
> > does support JSON format to some extent. It might already have all you
> > need.
>
> Indeed. A JSON parser in spirit has been done multiple times. The one
> in property tree is one example. It should also contain a serializer.
> TinyJSON is another. And yet, all of them are spirit classic. So at
> least, upon inventing this particular wheel the 3rd time it should be
> done in Qi.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephan

Hi,

The parser should be written Qi, there is no other option for me.
On the other hand, the objective is not only a parser but a Serializer, so I
think you should follow the design of Boost.Serialization.
I have not checked yet, but I think that Property Tree does not comply with
these premises.

Regards,
Fernando Pelliccioni.