Subject: Re: [boost] [website] Smaller favicon.ico file
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-21 17:37:50

On 10 May 2010 16:35, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Our current favicon.ico file (on www.boost.org) is very large (22k), and
> includes several icons that are too large for the standard 16x16 size for a
> favicon.  Looking at some directions for compressing them, I have created
> the attached icon which is only 318 bytes and looks almost as good as the
> current icon.  It might be worthwhile to consider replacing the current
> favicon with this file.

Sorry about the slow reply. FWIW the larger icons are used in windows
if you save the link to the filesystem. In the past it looked like
they might be used elsewhere but I don't think that ever happened so
they're probably not worth it. There's certainly no point in the low
colour versions nowadays. So I've changed the icon on the beta site,
and will update live at some point.

thanks,

Daniel