Subject: Re: [boost] [function_types] is there an equivalent for functors?
From: Edd Dawson (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-05 16:14:16

On 7/5/2010 8:52 PM, Sohail Somani wrote:
> On 10-07-05 2:33 PM, Edd Dawson wrote:
>
> A comment in this post on my blog has a good generic solution:
>

> http://uint32t.blogspot.com/2008/11/using-boost-bind-and-boost-function.html

Yep, I'm pretty much at exactly the same stage now that you got to :)

> The only issue with it as far as I can see is that it requires exact
> type matches.

Yeah. I've got an optional check using QMetaObject::checkConnectArgs that the
signal/slot parameters do indeed match. I composed the slot signature string
using some std::type_info/demangling hackery for the platforms I'm interested in.

> Would love to see you take that further :) It essentially
> mimics what moc would generate.

If you're interested, I could put up a repo? It's functional already, just
polishing now...

Cheers,

Edd