Subject: Re: [boost] auto-link with gcc/windows
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-06 12:42:48

Jürgen Hunold wrote:
> Hi Robert,
be a hint as to what the problem is. Still thanks for the insight.

> If you got gcc-4.x around, the easiest solution would be to apply the
> visibility patch and then compile with
> "<cxxflags>>-fvisibility=hidden". You should then get the same linker
> errors as mingw.

That would seem to be the missing magic. I use cygwin with gcc 4.3.4
to test here so I can try that. So I guess that the explanation of this
instance might be that all the gcc compilers in the test matrix don't
use -fvisibility=hidden while the MingW one does? and this couples
with my usage of BOOST_HAS_DECL in some unexpected way?.

anyway, I have something to work with for now.

Robert Ramey