Subject: Re: [boost] Concept Traits Library
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-11 04:58:35

>> Certainly if someone would like to package these up as direct additions
>> to type_traits (so I don't have to do much!) then I'd certainly look
>> favorably on adding them.
>
> I will work on doing so if it is OK with the original authors of the
> library. I can do this for the type_traits_ext in the CTL.
>
> I would also like to see the operator detection in the CTL added to Boost,
> even with the known limitations for operators which must be member
> functions, but I do not know if you feel this would also be an addition to
> the type traits library ? I know that Frederick Bron has added some traits
> to the type_traits in the sandbox which are a subset of all the operator
> traits in the CTL but he appears to have stopped with what he was doing
> because he found out the CTL already existed.

It was the operator detection that I was particularly thinking of. However,
I'd like to mainly restrict additions to type_traits to those traits that do
actually work without user specialization if possible. IMO that would be
more in keeping with the rest of the library... on the other hand we do have
is_union... so I guess some non-functional traits could be added if they
"complete the picture" as it were (and particularly if some kind soul would
write them up for possible TR2 additions :-)

HTH, John.