Subject: Re: [boost] Concept Traits Library
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-10 12:43:38

On 7/10/2010 11:47 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>> Even if the library doesn't provides an approach that works to define all
>> the concepts, it has a lot of useful things. I also suggested to Terje at
>> least to add the mpl and type traits extensions of the library.
>
> Agreed - in fact I don't see why we can't just add the new traits direct
> to the type_traits library?
>
> Certainly if someone would like to package these up as direct additions
> to type_traits (so I don't have to do much!) then I'd certainly look
> favorably on adding them.

I will work on doing so if it is OK with the original authors of the
library. I can do this for the type_traits_ext in the CTL.

I would also like to see the operator detection in the CTL added to
Boost, even with the known limitations for operators which must be
member functions, but I do not know if you feel this would also be an
addition to the type traits library ? I know that Frederick Bron has
added some traits to the type_traits in the sandbox which are a subset
of all the operator traits in the CTL but he appears to have stopped
with what he was doing because he found out the CTL already existed.