Subject: Re: [boost] [Filesystem] Add features to list all mount paths, determine mount path of a path
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-12 22:24:38

On 12 July 2010 09:17, Daniel Trebbien <dtrebbien_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The basic idea is to have the ability to list mounted filesystems. I
> then suggested that `basic_path` could be extended with a new member
> (e.g.: `mount_path`) that will determine the mount path of the given
> path, and add a function to iterate over all mount paths.

I don't think that basic_path should have a member to get the mount
path, because that's context-dependent. I feel that anything which
looks at the filesystem should be in a non-member function. Can mount
path be done more efficiently than just iterating through the known
mount points?

I can see value in some way to get the active mount points, though. I
don't see any other doable function that could give the different root
names on a system.

~ Scott