Subject: [boost] [Filesystem] Add features to list all mount paths, determine mount path of a path
From: Daniel Trebbien (dtrebbien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-12 12:17:44

John Reynolds came up with a great idea for a possible extension to
Boost Filesystem, in response to a question on the Boost Users' List
about listing all available drives on Windows.

The basic idea is to have the ability to list mounted filesystems. I
then suggested that `basic_path` could be extended with a new member
(e.g.: `mount_path`) that will determine the mount path of the given
path, and add a function to iterate over all mount paths.

Before I open a feature request, I wanted to ask some questions:

1. Has this idea been discussed before?

2. Is `mount_path` a good name for this?

3. What would be a good name for the function to iterate over all mount paths?

4. Is the concept of mount paths cross-platform?