Subject: Re: [boost] New name of bjam.exe
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-20 14:09:22

On 7/20/2010 1:58 PM, Eric Niebler wrote:
> On 7/20/2010 1:54 PM, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> Eric Niebler wrote:

>>> +1 for leaving it "bjam". This is silly.
>>
>> There's nothing silly here. We're solving a real problem that confuses
>> real users.

<snip wildly inappropriate comment from yours truly>

Apologies. How about I try to add something constructive? I think you'll
create more confusion than you'll clear at this point by changing names.
Good or bad, folks are used to bjam. And you'll create a lot of churn
for boost, boost's users, boost packagers, and other users of
boost.build who probably have a lot of scripts that depend on the name
being 'bjam'. I don't see the benefits outweighing the costs.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing