Subject: Re: [boost] [GIL] [patch] read multipage TIFF files
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-20 15:51:05

Hi Robert,

> Thank you! I will send it per mail.

Thanks, I figured out ( with the help of Steven Watanabe ) how to
apply your patch file.

>> I have no idea how to apply a patch file on Windows. Unless someone
>> can explain that to me.
>
> I would use TortoiseSVN's "Apply patch ..." :)

Tried that but didn't work since some white-spaces were introduced
when I copied and paste your patch file from your email. Can you
convince Tortoise to use the -l option for ignoring white-spaces?

>> Do you have some sort of test suite with multi-page tiff files?
>
> Unfortunately not. We are just using the patch for years in an industry
> project.

Good to know.

>> I think I could even use this code in my gil::io rewrite. I have to
>> check but of the top of my head multi-page cannot be read right now.
>
> I must say that I was not aware about this rewrite, but we would
> certainly be happy to have it work with multi-page TIFF.

Let me know if you wanna know more about the new gil::io? Reading and
writing tiff files has dramatically improved!

Regards,
Christian