Subject: Re: [boost] [1.44] Beta progress?
From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-20 23:24:34

On 20 Jul 2010, at 15:47, Robert Ramey wrote:

> Matthias Troyer wrote:
>
>> Robert, another related issue is whether I need to update Boost.MPI
>> on the release branch. This will depend on whether you push your
>> recent changes to the release branch or not. Can you please keep me
>> updated?
>
> Most of my recent changes have already been pushed to the release
> branch. I had just assumed that you're changes were already there.
> I had been checking the trunk results of the MPI library and they
> looked OK as far as I could tell. Only now do I realize that I
> hadn't been checking the ones in the release branch and of course
> they fail. So mpi trunk changes need to be merged over.

I would rather wait for your final version of serialization in 1.44 and get the newly reported regressions on the trunk resolved before merging something to the release branch that might break again when you move more changes to the release branch or roll some back. I will wait for the advice of the release manager.

Matthias