Subject: Re: [boost] New name of bjam.exe
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-21 12:42:32

Despite the original name being 'silly', I doubt if changing it now will be worth the costs and confusion.

Would it be better to document 'Boost.Bjam' / 'Boost.Jam' (with just pointers to bjam / Boost.Build docs) so that users
do eventually find what they want to know?

Perhaps acknowledging the choice of name as 'purely historical' would also help - people always respond well to 'why'.

Paul

PS If this is Boost.Build then would boost.exe be a good name? Typing 'boost' would be good for brand building ;-)

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, UK   LA8 8AB