Subject: Re: [boost] [1.44] Beta progress?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-21 20:51:40

On 7/21/2010 7:46 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> Robert Ramey wrote:
>> Eric Niebler wrote:
>
>>> So, does your fix require users to change their archive classes or
>>> not?
>
> I forgot to answer this.
>
> Users of the archives included with the library shouldn't have
> to change a thing.
>
> Users who make their own archive classes (like mpi) might
> have to make a minor change.

Thank you. So the answers I posited to Ryan's questions were correct AFAICT.

Regarding the minor change that users may have to make to their own
archive classes, will the fact that a change needs to be made be flagged
at compile time? Is there anything you can do to make faulty archive
classes fail to compile?

Thanks for your patience and your work on this,

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing