Subject: Re: [boost] New name of bjam.exe
From: Manfred Doudar (manfred.doudar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-21 22:42:47

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:18:36 -0400
David Bergman <David.Bergman_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> NOTE: this post will most probably be frowned upon and regarded as OT
> even though it treats other OT constructs.
>
> Why do we have to push down whatever theist leaning we have into
> other people's throat?
>
> I think it is totally inappropriate to use this forum as an
> evangelism channel.
>
> I do not care if the person just use it as a social phrase or not,
> and am sure that the following phrase would irritate people after a
> few hundred repetitions:
>
> In Muhammed we trust.
>
> /David
>
> Typed on an iPhone
>
> On Jul 21, 2010, at 9:09 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> > AMDG
> >
> > Maurizio Vitale wrote:
> >> what about fiat (as in 'lux fiat', latin for (in the beginning)
> >> light was made").
> >> Interestingly, in latin is also an imperative, so you can say
> >> "fiat lux" as in "make light".
> >>

> > Actually, fiat is present subjunctive. "light was made" would be
> > lux factus est.
> >
> >> seem short and probably not taken for build systems.
> >>

> > Again, I don't see the point of changing to a random name.
> >
> > In Christ,
> > Steven Watanabe

<off topic>

No offense to either Steven or David intended, and I don't intend to
carry this discussion along these lines (re theism or otherwise) any
further; however correction and/or clarification is needed here:
Moslems do not worship Muhammad [nor Christ for that matter], (upon
both of them be peace).

</off topic>

Best,

--