Subject: Re: [boost] [GIL] bits64
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 13:54:29

Hi there,

> 64 bits pixels are interesting for accumulation buffers or internal computations.
> I think it could be a good thing to add these typedefs in gil.
> Is there any reason not to do it?

I don't know why it wasn't added to gil from the beginning. I'm not
one of the original authors. I'm reluctant to add support for it since
it would mean to make sure all functionality in gil is working
correctly. Meaning creating a much more extensive unit test suite.

One of the great strengths of gil is the ability to create new pixel
types by the user. Though just go ahead. ;-)

Regards,
Christian