Subject: Re: [boost] [GIL] bits64
From: Lubomir Bourdev (lbourdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-22 14:22:33

I have been promoting the idea of people contributing any new functionality
of GIL that they find useful by creating a GIL extension that is not
originally in boost. This allows for an opportunity for people to try their
code, flesh out some bugs, suggest changes to the design, etc. We can also
use this as a mechanism to see how popular certain functionality is and use
that to decide which functionality will make it into boost. That way, by the
time it is proposed for inclusion into boost, the code will be more solid.

This is how the new i/o extension by Christian originated.
You can google for "gil extensions" to see a list of extensions (about a
dozen or so)

Lubomir