Subject: Re: [boost] Phoenix3 port to proto complete
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-23 20:57:23

On 7/23/10 10:25 PM, Thomas Heller wrote:

> Boost.Lambda - The predecessor of Boost.Phoenix:
> Boost.Lambda is the one library which inspired to Joel de Guzman to build
> Phoenix in the first place. It shares many similarities, but phoenix is built
> upon more modern concepts.
> IIUC, the plan was to deprecate Boost.Lambda at some point in favor of
> phoenix.
> Some needs to clarify this a bit more.

Yes. Boost.Lambda will go into maintenance mode. It will be deprecated
in favor of Boost.Phoenix but will remain available in parallel for
a long time still for backward compatibility. We will have to assimilate
as much as we can from Lambda, esp. the tests and documentation. Some
years ago, the plan was to eventually assimilate even the name Boost.Lambda.
I'm not sure that's desirable anymore since Phoenix has taken a life of
its own.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman