Subject: Re: [boost] Question about boost license
From: Kim Barrett (kab.conundrums_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-26 16:53:56

On Jul 26, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Henrik Sundberg wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Marc Elias <melias77_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> You also inform in the webpage that some libraries are under their own licenses. I would like to know, if it's possible, which libraries are under particular licenses and which are these specific licenses.
>> Is it possible to have this information?
>
> I don't know, but
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/Requirements#License
> specifies the license requirements.
>
> Is there any library in Boost with a license that does not conform to
> the requirements?
> /$

The inspection report includes possible license issues. See http://boost.cowic.de/rc/inspect-trunk.html, particularly the files marked with "*Lic*".

I just did a quick scan and only found a few problems that are not either documentation (often generated files), tools, examples, or unit tests (the latter two should probably be licensed properly since they are a likely source for copying by users, but often aren't properly licensed). Absolutely no warranty that this list is complete.

boost/range/adaptor/define_adaptor.hpp: *C*, *Lic*
boost/range/combine.hpp: *C*, *Lic*
boost/range/counting_range.hpp: *Lic*
boost/range/istream_range.hpp: *Lic*
boost/test/utils/runtime/cla/detail/argument_value_usage.hpp: *Lic*
boost/strong_typedef.hpp: *C*, *Lic*
boost/shared_container_iterator.hpp: *Lic*