Subject: Re: [boost] [context] new version
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jhellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-29 17:40:31

On 7/29/2010 6:30 AM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> I've uploaded a new version which takes care of the FLS on Windows.
>
> Oliver

I'm finding the documentation a bit...skeletal. I don't have a lot of
hands-on experience with contexts, coroutines, fibers, etc., so I think
some real examples would go a long way. Several questions: Is the
typical usage to grab the current context, then jump to some other
(previously constructed) context? What would be the recommended method
for the second context to transfer control back to the original one? Is
this functionality basically what the coroutine and fiber library are
suppose to take care of? Does this library have any use by itself, or
would one primarily use this to build a fiber/coroutine library on top?
  Is context switching significantly different on the various Windows
flavors, or have you just not gotten around to testing on Vista and 7
(it seems only XP is documented as working)?

Thanks for having patience with the n00b questions,

- Jeff