Subject: Re: [boost] [bcp] Enhancements to bcp extract and namespace rename
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-05 04:08:27

> Enhancement requests:
>
> -- I couldn't find a way to "wildcard" extract and rename all Boost
> libraries. I ended up performing the extract / rename one-by-one. I
> suppose I could generate a list of the libraries and compose an invocation
> of bcp with all libraries explicitly listed (assuming command line buffers
> won't be exhausted), or write a script to do this, but it seems that it
> wouldn't be hard for bcp to do it inside the code.

Just use "." as the libraryname/path to copy and everything will get copied,
or you could use "boost" which would copy all the headers, plus their source
file dependencies, but not tests/docs/tools. In general you can use any
path into a subset of boost as the thing to copy, you can also specify
multiple libraries or paths to be copied on the one command line, and then
the dependency tree only gets built and copied once

# copy two libraries at once:
bcp thread regex my_destination

# copy everything at once:
bcp . my_destination

# copy headers and source only:
bcp boost my_destination

# copy all libraries, including tests and docs, but no tools:
bcp libs my_destination

Does this help?

Cheers, John.