Subject: Re: [boost] [1.44][bcp] Is it too late to merge tools to release?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-09 04:22:57

>> There are some patches in Trunk for the bcp tool that fix various issues
>> when extracting "all of Boost" that I forgot to merge to release (my
>> bad), the changes don't effect anything else, is it acceptable to merge
>> these to release? Diffs attached, in case they help,
>
> We don't really have a policy about code freeze on tools so we're free
> to improvise a bit here. Bcp isn't critical in the boost release
> process, so taking bug fixes at this point is pretty low-risk. (At least
> I believe that's the case. I don't see any bcp regression tests.) I
> would say go for it.

Thanks, test results for bcp are here:
http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/bcp.html but they're
fairly minimal tests (anything more would probably time out anyway :( ). In
any case I don't think the two remaining failures can be fixed at this
point, so I'll merge later today unless anyone objects...

Cheers, John.