Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Wide Character Backend file problems
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-15 13:34:02

On 08/15/2010 06:17 PM, Sivaram Kannan wrote:
> Hi Andrey,
>
> Adding to the earlier emails, can you give me a small working sample for
> "wtext_file_backend". I am not sure where exactly messing with my code here.
> This is my Global Macro declaration - this is where I think the warning is
> getting thrown, is there a problem here?
>
> BOOST_LOG_DECLARE_GLOBAL_LOGGER_INIT(bmr_log, sources::severity_logger_mt<>)
> {
> Log_Init();
>
> sources::severity_logger_mt<> lg;
>
> return lg;
> }

Logging sources should also be wide, so you should be using
wseverity_logger_mt.

I suggest you to build the library with the BOOST_LOG_USE_WCHAR_T macro
defined. This will disable any narrow-character support in the library.
Then you can try compiling your code and the parts that fail to link
will highlight the places you have to modify in order to switch to wide
character logging.