Subject: [boost] Boost Test Policy
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-24 23:47:54

I was looking at the Boost web page describing the Boost test policies,
at http://www.boost.org/development/test.html. I was not sure what I
needed to use to design tests for possible Boost software. I noticed
that it was not required to use Boost Test in order to do so, but that
there was an "Optional (but highly recommended)" section for using Boost
Test.

But neither of the links there are valid any longer, and while Boost
Test still has a Unit Test Framework I did not find any Test Tools
section for simple test programs, although perhaps the execution
monitors or minimal test in Boost Test was originally meant. Anyway the
page needs to be updated in regard to Boost Test links.

I also found the lightweigt_test.hpp in Boost detail, so I was wondering
whether or not that is now considered a viable enough choice for
designing Boost component's tests.