Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Test Policy
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-25 00:29:14

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I also found the lightweigt_test.hpp in Boost detail, so I was wondering
> whether or not that is now considered a viable enough choice for designing
> Boost component's tests.

It always has been. While Boost.Test has some cool features, they
don't seem to markedly improve the quality of testing in a library
that uses Boost.Test, which mostly depends on the skill of the test
designer. Also, if you use lightweight_test.hpp you are liable to
continue to get useful test results even if Boost.Test should be
broken ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing