Subject: Re: [boost] [Castor] FYI : Castor 1.1 & Boost
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-28 13:40:28

(adding back missing context)

On 8/28/2010 6:12 AM, joel falcou wrote:
> On 8/28/2010 6:01 AM, Roshan wrote:
>>
>> A quick update for the many who expressed interest in the Castor
>> library at the "Logic Paradigm for C++" talk at this year's
>> BoostCon and also folks on the dev mailing list when I polled for
>> interest.
>>
>> Castor 1.1 that was recently released and it will form the basis
>> for the version that will be proposed to Boost.
>> http://www.mpprogramming.com/announce.aspx Among other things,
>> version 1.1 enables support for Coroutines and Query Expressions in
>> C++.

Cool. Congrats.

>> There are a couple of videos describing 1.1 specific enhancements
>> at http://www.mpprogramming.com/cpp/default.aspx#Videos
>>
>> Boost Porting: The initial Boost related work has begun (thanks to
>> Zach Laine who has done pretty much all of the work so far).
>> Besides incorporating user feedback and changes that make it
>> conformant to Boost guidelines... my intention is to hopefully
>> include a few significant enhancements.
>>
>> Volunteers welcome! Project sources are currently hosted at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/castor-logic/
>
> This looks like a prime candidate for using Expression Templates.
> Does it already ?

>From looking at the code, it appears it has a hand-rolled expression
template solution. Roshan, if you foresee ever wanting to do
manipulations and optimization of the ET before evaluating it, or
integrating your Logic DSEL with the other DSELs in Boost, I suggest
looking into Boost.Proto. Should Castor ever come up for review, this
will undoubtedly be some feedback you'll get.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing